Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stacey Solomon pictured smoking while pregnant


PREGNANT TV star Stacey Solomon ­shockingly takes a long drag on a secret cigarette just two months before she is due to give birth.

The singer-turned-telly presenter’s cravings got the better of her this week as she puffed FOUR ­cigarettes in the space of just TWO hours.

Stacey – the face of frozen food chain Iceland – slipped into an alley to light up the crafty fags outside The Works photographic studio in Fulham, south west London.

Last night when we approached the seven-months-pregnant Foxy Bingo celebrity mum of the year, she confessed she was “hugely embarrassed” about being caught out but claimed her doctor had given her the go-ahead.

The shame-faced star, 22, who first won the ­nation’s hearts on ITV’s The X Factor in 2009, told The People: “I know it doesn’t look good but I only have a few cigs a day.

“I don’t think I’ve let down my fans, But I do get a little stressed at times and a ciggie helps me calm down.” She added: “I desperately want to stop ­smoking and I don’t want to set a bad example. It’s a tough habit to break but I’m going to give it my best shot.”

Essex-born Stacey, who has three-year-old son Zach, says she smokes SIX a day – that’s 1,680 ­throughout the 40-week pregnancy or 84 packets of 20.

But she says her doctor told her it would be “more stressful” on her body if she gave up smoking ­altogether. Last night health campaigners warned Stacey about the dangers of smoking during pregnancy, which is estimated to cause 2,200 premature births and 5,000 miscarriages each year.

Deborah Arnott, chief executive of campaigning charity Action on Smoking and Health, said: “If Stacey is smoking at seven months she’s got a serious ­problem. She is to be pitied as she’s obviously heavily addicted. She needs help not condemnation.”

Last week, Stacey, who is fronting new Sky Living dating show The Love Machine with Chris Moyles, admitted she is finding pregnancy difficult.

She said: “I don’t like being pregnant, it’s tiring and emotional. I’ve had morning sickness and I feel lumpy and tired.

“The novelty wears off after a few months – I can’t wait to be a normal size again and eat prawns.”

In her autobiography Stacey: My Story So Far, she admitted there was hardly a day between the ages of 13 and 14 when she didn’t skip school and go to the park with a packet of 10 cigarettes and cider.

Stacey is having the baby with 24-year-old fiancé painter Aaron Barnham.

No comments:

Post a Comment